Lakeland is centrally located in the heart of Florida, which means driving to either Tampa or Orlando is a breeze. If you’re looking to explore the state’s best theme parks, Lakeland is the perfect base camp. If you’re looking to stay in Lakeland, there are plenty of attractions in town as well.
History buffs and art lovers will enjoy the Polk Museum of Art, and if you love flight you don’t want to miss the annual SUN ‘n FUN fly-in. Downtown Lakeland is full of culture, from the Lake Mirror Park historic promenade to Hollis Garden, which features more than 10,000 native flowers and Florida plants.
When you’re done exploring, come home to the friendliest RV park in town. This quaint park is
tucked away in Lakeland, features 70 RV sites with 30 and 50 AMP hookups, and can accommodate rigs up to 50 feet. While you’re a guest at the resort, you’ll have access to wonderful amenities like Wi-Fi, cable TV, a heated pool, a clubhouse, horseshoes and a shuffleboard court.
The community boasts a large shuffleboard facility, complete with a resident player’s association. They host daily shuffleboard games and leagues. Members of Woodall’s RV community even participate in professional shuffleboard leagues that travel all over Florida.
Our Friday night dances bring out our down-home roots with some live country music. Put on those cowboy boots and let’s line dance! Stars of the Opry concerts draw crowds from all over the area. If dancing isn’t your thing, you can enjoy many other events in the winter months such as bingo, karaoke, club meetings, white elephant sales, pancake breakfasts and much more.
Find out how you can make reservations and become part of the friendly community at Woodall’s. Visit our website for more information at: http://www.woodallsvillage.com/.
Birds are chirping, the days are getting longer and Florida is heating up fast. That means our northern visitors are preparing to head home for the summer. Everyone at Newby Fun Resorts wants to wish you safe travels. Before you go, here are some things to get your home ready:
- Let the office manager at your community know your plans, including when you are leaving and returning. They can help keep an eye on your home while you’re away.
- If you have year-round neighbors, let them know of your plans as well. Our communities are known for having neighbors where people care for one another.
- Contact USPS about forwarding mail to your northern address. Also let the front office know your address so they can keep in touch with you during the summer.
- Leave your air conditioner set at about 85 degrees to help ward off the humidity that causes mildew.
- Make sure to lock exterior doors, but leave interior doors open so air can flow freely through the house.
- If you leave clothes, shoes or linens in the home make sure to space them out so air can flow around the items. Florida’s hot summers create a lot of humidity.
- Unplug the water heater and other appliances before you leave to help save money.
- Store your valuables in a save place, and make sure they are out of sight.
- Remove all the food from your kitchen so you can avoid a bug infestation.
- If you leave staples such as flour and sugar, make sure they are stored in air-tight containers.
- Many people choose to empty their fridge, unplug it and prop open the doors.
- Turn off your ice maker and leave a box of baking soda in the refrigerator to help absorb odors.
- Place 2-3 tbsp. of vegetable oil in the dishwasher and garbage disposal to help keep them working properly.
- Leave the doors on the clothes washer open.
- Turn the telephone ringers off so it can’t be heard when no one answers the phone. Don’t leave a message saying you’re out of town. Instead, leave a message saying you’re away from the phone and will get back to them.
- Wrap toilet bowls with cling wrap to help keep the water from evaporating. Don’t put bleach tablets in the tank.
- Turn off the main water valve.
- If you have a fireplace, make sure to shut off the damper.
- Take pictures of all your valuables.
- Lock all the doors and windows, placing wood dowels in the tracks of sliders.
- Make sure all your outdoor tools are put away.
- Head home!
We are going to miss you while you’re gone! Stay in touch with us on Facebook to see what’s going on in your community. We can’t wait to see you next year for all the fun an excitement that takes place every day at Newby Management communities.