- MAKE YOUR LIST EARLY. If you wait until the day before your trip, your list is going to feel mighty difficult. You'll probably also forgot important things like a swimsuit or raincoat (both important for Florida summers). If you enlist the help of your Type A personality, they'll probably start 2-3 months before your trip.
- USE FREE LISTS TO HELP. To start, download a few free checklists. They'll give you a starting point and some basics that most RV trips need. You can always add things or take things away based on your own personal desires.
- HAVE EACH PERSON CREATE A LIST. Let everyone going on your trip create a list of things they think you'll need or things they need personally. For example, if someone in your family wears contacts, they'll need to remember their case and solution. You can then add everyone's suggestions and personal needs to your master list.
- CHECK FINISHED ITEMS OFF ASAP. When you finish something, check it off. Not only will it make you feel accomplished, you'll stay organized. Don't think you'll remember what you've done so far. Every time you check something off, consider giving yourself a small treat. It will help.
- RELY TOO MUCH ON FREE LISTS. Okay, we did mention getting free lists, but only as a starting point. Although they can be helpful, most lists are extremely general and will not list all the items you'll need. Use them only as a helper!
- DON'T IGNORE THE LIST. How many times do you create a list and lose it or not use it. Yeah, don't do that. If you spend the time creating the list, keep your Type A personality friend around until it's completed. Heck, maybe offer to take the on the trip for all their hard work!
- BE A LIST STICKLER. Before you leave, look over your list and make sure everything is checked off. Get together with everyone and make sure there wasn't anything you missed on the list. Remember, lists are helpful but not perfect for remembering everything.
We hope you enjoyed this list and are ready to start creating! Happy Travels.